Thursday, August 29, 2019

Canal du Centre, Saint Léger-sur-Dheune and Fragnes, France


Enjoying a cocktail before dinner.
It's a real treat when we are in a village where we can walk to dinner.  St-Léger-sur-Dheune fits the bill.  We walk to a boulangerie every morning for our daily baguette and pastry, there's a market close by, and a lovely restaurant right on the canal.  What more could we ask for?  Restaurant Le Marchand was under new ownership which concerned us.  We have had lovely meals there in the past.  The new owners didn't disappoint us.
My view that evening was excellent
A romantic spot to spend an evening.  The company wasn't bad either.
While we were hanging out in Fragnes we would wake up early to go for our walk, and avoid the heat of the day.  I'm always searching for new material to photograph. This wasn't the most exciting of our daily walks.  I still managed to find some things of interest.
An old building along the canal.
A pretty little pond tucked away with a bench.
Old building and bridge

Excuse me if I don't get up
I noticed that the path along the canal was lined with tiny flowers.  They were all different colors.  Here they are for your enjoyment.  Wherever you look you can find beauty.














Tom has discovered the art of making ice cream.  He keeps putting nuts in so I won't eat any.





0 comments:

Post a Comment