Monday, September 26, 2016

Briennone, France



Early morning view of the church and Gite from across the canal.
Detail of the typical Burgundian tile roof.
Charming looking Gite next to the church.
The interior of the church was unusual
Another detail of the church interior.
We don't normally see such ornate church interiors.
Don't they look sweet.

We had beautiful walks along the canal.

Moss and weeds growing in the canal.

We saw this colorful character fishing along the canal.
During the week I cook every meal.  I haven't learned the art of "take out" or "prepared" foods.  When the weekend comes I'm ready for a night out with my honey.  Sometimes the meals are romantic and extra special.  Other times I'm just happy not to be cooking and cleaning up afterwards.  This particular evening turned out to be a wonderful surprise as well as a treat.  We drove further than expected to find Le Petit Prince Restaurant in a tiny village.  Every course was amazing as well as a work of art.  Afterwards, the owner proudly showed us his old and new wine cellars under the restaurant.
Flavorful little bites to tease the palette 

My main course with lobster

Tom's dish was equally beautiful

Desserts were imaginative, visually attractive and delicious as well.

My sweetheart with a homemade lollipop 


The cellar path was lined with wine corks.  
 After such a romantic and special meal it's all downhill.  Still, I didn't have to market, cook or clean up afterwards.
This is what happens from too much spaghetti.

Many of you who know me are aware that I love shooting and used to compete.  On one of our walks we found a shooting range.  I wish I could have joined them for a round or two.

I didn't know shooting ranges existed in France.
New style wine bottle holders.  A better use for all those stiletto's sitting in in the back of women's closets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment