Monday, November 18, 2013

Berry Picking

Digoin was a town we passed thru,  We ran across this unusual church.  Unfortunately we couldn't find anything written about it.



Digoin Church

We found the interior to be rather unusual.

Detail above the entrance to the church.

Cruising along the canals we found this cute garden.  You have to keep your eyes open and be quick with the camera.

As part of my learning how to handle the lines for Rabelo I also had to help the lock keeper open the lock.  Now that my shoulder is feeling so much better I need to work on strengthening my arm muscles again.

We tied up in the middle of nowhere and went for an evening walk.  We found lots of berries. The next morning we were up early to go berry picking.  Our fingers were stained with berry juice.  I had tiny, sharp, nasty thorns in my hands, spider webs in my hair and clothes…but oh those delicious berries!

We couldn't resist.

When we brought the berries in, creepy, crawly bugs started escaping all over my kitchen counter.  I made preserves which made everything worth it.

Pont Canal de Digoin with Rabelo crossing it.  It is 243 meters long constructed all in stone and completed in 1838.

Making piles of cut wood can be artistic and creative.

0 comments:

Post a Comment