Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day: Missive 3, 2013




Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!  For those who are wondering, yes Mother's Day is a big deal here in the Netherlands.  The Dutch are brilliant in what they do with flowers.  We are just outside a charming town (Middleharnis) where yesterday people were carrying armfuls of beautiful flowers and plant arrangements.  You can imagine where they all went today.  Even the workers here on Rabelo have taken the day off to be with their mothers.  I think our crew were desperate for a break.  They had been working from 7 am to 11 pm for over a month trying to get Rabelo ready for us.  They accomplished a great deal considering delays due to weather and delivery problems.

After a long, bumpy but uneventful flight from Los Angeles we arrived  6:30 am Thursday.  This is what we found when we boarded Rabelo.

Kitchen
With an empty refrigerator except for lemoncello.

Guest bedroom

Guest bedroom
Now I'll show you what Rabelo looks like as of Saturday night.

Guest bedroom

Guest bedroom

Living Room

Kitchen

Our new pilot house

The roof has been lowered hydraulically 

Exhausted but enjoying our first bottle of champagne with appetizers

Mothers Day lunch prepared by me :)

1 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. I can't believe how much work you have done on Rabelo since I was onboard with you in Paris! I particularly like the man with the bubbles at the end of the photo essay. Please add me to your mailing list so I can keep up on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete